Jill Listi Dance Studio
2017-2018 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
TUITION, COSTUMES & PERFORMANCE FEES
• Jill Listi Dance Studio’s Payment Policy is as follows: All payments will be made via the Registration & Payment Portal. All payments will be automatically drafted from either a bank account or credit card. *Please note that all credit card transactions will include a 3% processing charge. You will receive a detailed schedule of payments & their processing dates from the studio.
- Tuition is due by 1st of each month and considered late after the 10th. Tuition payments received after the 10th will be assessed a late fee of $25. Auto pay will be processed the 1st of each month using either auto draft from your checking account (no fee) or credit card (3% fee). Please use Parent Portal on website to set this up. First payment is due on September 1st.
- Costume payment due: November 1st
- Performance fee due: February 1st
- DVD fee due: March 1st
- April & May tuition due: April 1st
• All fees, including registration, tuition, costume & performance fees are NON REFUNDABLE.
• At Registration you are committing your child/children for the entire dance season. A 30 day notice is required should, for any reason, your child/children withdraw from enrollment at JLDS.
• HPAC – The Performance is always the first weekend of May. Rehearsals begin the Monday before and are mandatory.
• Please note that costumes are not custom made for each individual student. Alterations are YOUR responsibility.
• Proper dance etiquette expected of all dancers–no talking during class, be attentive & respectful of teachers & other dancers.
• No gum, food, or beverages allowed during class. ONLY water bottles that can be sealed.
• Parents should monitor their children before & after class while in the lobby and parking lots. Keep noise in the lobby area to a minimum.
• No running or screaming in studio. Parents who bring additional children to studio should monitor them at all times and should not leave them unattended.
• Dancers should arrive NO MORE than 15 minutes BEFORE class & should be picked up promptly at the end of class. The studio will not be responsible for dancers dropped off more than 15 minutes prior to start of class.
• Dancers who are repeatedly picked up more than 15 minutes after the end of class may incur a late pick-up fee.
• All information will be on our website, www.jilllistidancestudio.com
• All notes, reminders, schedules, etc. will be posted on our website. Be sure to know your dancer’s class name
• Additional reminders & notes will be sent via email from the studio
• To minimize paper notes we will be utilizing the website & email as main source of communication. PLEASE BE SURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS UP TO DATE in our records
• The studio email address is email@example.com
• Proper dance attire is required. NO SHORTS OR BAGGY TSHIRTS except for hip hop classes
• Dancers who continually attend class without proper dance attire/dance shoes may not be allowed to participate in class
COMBINATION CLASS (ages 3-7)
*tan mary jane tap shoes & pink ballet shoes
*any color leotard/tights, leggings or dance shorts/dance top
*hair should be pulled away from face and off of neck
COMBINATION CLASS (ages 7-11)
*tan slip on tap shoes, tan slip on jazz shoes, pink ballet shoes
* any color leotard/tights, leggings or dance shorts/dance top
*hair should be pulled away from face and off of neck
ADDITIONAL BALLET CLASSES
*pink ballet shoes
*tan or pink tights
*specific color leotard that will be purchased through the studio for your designated
*hair in bun
JUNIORS, JUNIOR ADVANCED, TEEN ADVANCED, ADVANCED
*tan slip on tap shoes, any jazz/contemporary shoe for class, pink ballet shoes
*specific shoes for performances will be updated throughout the year
*jazz/tap/lyrical classes any color leotard, leggings or dance shorts/dance top
*ballet class: a specific color leotard will be purchased through the studio for your
designated ballet class (hair in bun)
HIP HOP CLASSES
*any t-shirt/tank, shorts or athletic pants
*tennis shoes (specific tennis shoe may be needed for performance, updates will be given during the year)
• Regular attendance in all classes your dancer is registered for is expected
• If your dancer will miss class, please notify the studio in advance so that the teacher can be informed
• If your dancer will need to leave class early, please notify the teacher prior to class beginning
• Be on time
• The months of February, March & April are important in preparing for our performance. All absences during this time MUST BE CLEARED with the TEACHER prior to missing class
• The final 6 weeks of class require all dancers to be in attendance at every regular scheduled class & extra rehearsal. Failure to adhere to this policy may result in your dancer being removed from the routines.
OPEN WINDOW VIEWING
It is our philosophy that the purpose of dance class is to instruct, not to put on a show. Even the quietest observers do distract students and can make them self-conscious or apprehensive if they are constantly watched. There will be a schedule posted at the beginning of the year for studio viewing under the Classes tab on the website.
PHOTOGRAPH/VIDEO/AUDIO/MEDIA CONSENT & RELEASE
As a parent/guardian of enrolled student at Jill Listi Dance Student, you hereby consent to and authorize Jill Listi Dance Studio of Lafayette, Louisiana, and all entities, representatives, employees and agents operating under its authority to record, use, edit, reproduce and/or publish photographs, video, audio and/or other media that may portray and/or relate to your minor child, his/her image, likeness and/or voice, without compensation. You understand that these materials may be used in various print, including electronic media, including but not limited to the Jill Listi Dance Studio website and the Jill Listi Dance Studio publication and/or other endeavors related to its interests. You understand that this company may use and/or publish materials relating to your minor child and/or use his/her photograph, voice, video images and other media relating to your minor child in any manner that this company deems appropriate in order to promote and/or publicize its programs, or for any other lawful purpose.
This authorization shall not expire and will remain effective indefinitely until rescinded in writing.